Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am officially impressed

I've been hearing so many people talk about PhotoBlast Actions (no affiliation), that when they went on sale (through the end of the day today at DigiScrapShak; no affiliation, just a happy customer), I decided I had to try them out. And I am officially impressed. I now see what everyone is talking about! Here are three versions of the same photo.

Before (straight out of camera):


After the Warm Up action:


Then applying the ContraPop to the warmed photo:


Isn't that amazing? What had been a cool and semi-lifeless photo is now dazzling! I am so very impressed. And these are just the stand-alone basic actions, not the fancy "WOW" (their term) or Pro versions. I know people can do great things with those, and maybe when I get the hang of these, I'll try those, but presently those are too much money. But the ones I bought, to fix my three biggest photo problems (Over-Exposed Fix, Under-Exposed Fix, and Warm-Up), plus one to help pop the colors (ContraPop), will do just fine for me. Perhaps when I decide that I am doing more with monochrome photos, I'll invest in the "Black and White" set (which does sepia, midnight blue, and all sorts of other colors), but for now, these are just fine. I just wanted to share that I have tried a few of them, and I really do like them. Guess PhotoShop Elements will be getting used for more than just red-eye removal from now on! LOL

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really impressive!

1/16/2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger Shalini said...

I have their Sepia, Saddle and B&W actions. LOVE them! I might have to buy the color pop after seeing your results.

Could you show an example of under and over exposed photos fix? I've heard it's easier to correct under exposed than over because details are lost.

1/17/2007 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home