Saturday, August 05, 2006

Growing Like a Weed



This was my first ever ad challenge. Lots of sites will post an ad of some sort (billboard, magazine ad spread, etc) that you can then use for inspiration. It is much more ambiguous than a scraplift or a sketch challenge, because the idea is to simply be inspired, not necessarily to copy. You can use the structure, the colors, the subject, or just however it happens to "click" with you. Being the engineering type that I am, this is much harder for me, but I was immediately struck with the idea for this layout when I saw the ad (there were actually two, and you could pick). Want to see the original ad? Click me! This was also my first ever use of the bevel function in PSP. Clearly, I need to work on it a bit more, but I love the dimension it added to the flowers instead of them being "flat" around the photos.

Growing Like a Weed
  • Background paper from Outer Banks Bonus Mini Kit by Eva Kipler at Digital Freebies
  • Doodle stems by Fernlili, recolored by me
  • Flower shape made with Flower Frame Paper Shaper from Free Digital Scrapbooking
  • Flower papers all from Summer SUNsations at Scrapdish, specifically:
    * Red by Krista Mettler
    * Orange by Jeanine Baechtold
    * Aqua by Krista Mettler
    * Blue by Krista Mettler
    * Purple by Jen Reed
  • Created for Erica's August 2006 Ad Challenge at Digital Freebies
  • Completed August 5, 2006

    Labels:

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger Kerry said...

    This is lovely. What a great progression of his development. I might have to have a play with this idea. It's really, really cool.

    8/06/2006 4:16 AM  
    Blogger Luke's Nana said...

    Takes my breath away! How fast he has grown in 22 short months!

    8/07/2006 5:23 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home