Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ghosts of the Past



This layout was done for a challenge in which you had to use a black and white photo. I don't have any filters yet, so I have to rely basically on automatic settings to convert my color photos to black and white, and I'm not very good at picking photos that will convert well, so this was *quite* a challenge for me. But when I saw this photo, I knew it was the right one, and I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it. I know it is an extremely simple layout, but sometimes, less is more, and I am thrilled with it.

Even though it is a photo of the Korean War Memorial in Washington, DC, it is my tribute to all the amazing men and women of the United States Armed Forces, past and present, including (but not limited to) my cousin Joe Coleman, my brother in law Michael Gaston, family friend Lamar Crawford (survivor of the USS Arizona Pearl Harbor), and both of my amazing grandfathers, Robert Coleman and Rufus Warren.

Ghosts of the Past
  • Photo by Rita Warren, used with permission, altered by me
  • Font is Westsac
  • Background paper (altered by me) by Erika Tenney from June 2006 RAK Mega Kit at RAK Scraps
  • Created for Maria's Weekly Challenge for July 17-23, 2006
  • Completed July 23, 2006

    Labels:

  • 1 Comments:

    Blogger Luke's Nana said...

    They look alive in the B&W. Great layout.

    7/30/2006 5:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home