Saturday, June 17, 2006

Peepers



This is a wonderful photo of my friend Melanie's cat Peepers, a black and white cat with the most stunning green eyes. When I saw this picture on her blog, I immediately knew I wanted to try this technique of layering a B&W photo on top of a color one and then erasing the eyes so that the iris color showed through. She kindly allowed me the use of her photo. I love it so much, I may try another layout or two with it in the future. Thank you Melanie!

Peepers
  • Photo graciously provided by Melanie Simmonds, altered by me
  • Font is Nuncio
  • Gray background paper from Green Elephant by Joana Carvalho at Digital Freebies
  • Green strips (all recolored by me), top to bottom are:
  • From Cafe Society by Tracy Collins at Digital Freebies
  • From Live Your Dreams by Jan Hosford at Digital Freebies
  • From Cafe Society by Tracy Collins at Digital Freebies
  • From Green Elephant by Joana Carvalho at Digital Freebies
  • Alpha from Pistachio Pudding by Joedee Matsler at Elemental Scraps
  • Ribbon and rivets from Boy Collection Friday Freebie by Amanda Rockwell at Digital Freebies
  • Scraplifted from Future Soccer Star by Lela Fleet
  • Created for the Bannerwoman Weekly Challenge, June 2006 Week 3, at Digital Freebies

    Labels:

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger Cindy Wyckoff said...

    I just LOVE this layout you did with the cat. I really like how you made it b&w except for the eyes. Great job!

    6/20/2006 2:12 AM  
    Blogger Shalini said...

    The green goes so well with the eyes. Lovely.

    6/20/2006 1:29 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home